The winners of the Construction News Workforce Awards have been revealed at a sparkling ceremony in central London.
The event, formerly known as the CN Talent Awards, celebrated the outstanding achievements of those striving to make the construction industry and their organisations great places to work. Categories showcased both individual and organisation-wide initiatives to improve employment practices.
The night brought together the brightest workforce talent and recognised those making a difference in recruitment, workforce development, wellbeing, diversity, inclusion and more.
Winners were recognised across 18 categories at the event, with the chosen companies having had to impress a group of more than 30 judges from across the industry.
More than 400 people attended the ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane, which was hosted by CN editor Colin Marrs.
Big winners on the night included Galldris Group which scooped two prizes, for the best apprentice and best mentor of the year. Meanwhile, Vinci Construction was recognised for its apprenticeship development on its own terms, and for its work as part of two joint ventures.
Kane Group and Farrans were hailed as the best places to work, in the subcontractors and contractors categories respectively.
CN Workforce Awards 2022: the winners
- Apprentice of the Year: Reno Edwards, Galldris Group
- Apprenticeship Initiative of the Year: Vinci Construction, apprenticeship development
- Graduate of the Year: Ioannis Koromilas, Rendel
- Graduate Programme of the Year: MOLA, graduate archaeologist programme
- Excellence in Learning & Development: Flannery Plant Hire, Operator Skills Hub
- Mentor of the Year: David Wake, Galldris Group
- Inspiring Women in Construction Award: Karen Mosley, HLM Architects
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing Initiative of the Year: PiLON, PiLON wellbeing 2.0
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing Leader of the Year: Robert Kellow, RG Kellow
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year: Skills 4, Empower career-development programme
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Leader of the Year: Alpa Kapasi, Balfour Beatty Vinci Systra Joint Venture
- CSR Initiative of the Year: Taylor Woodrow, EcoPark south project social value impact
- Project Team of the Year: KEMPF Site Team – Costain Vinci Bachy Joint Venture and Kelly Formwork, Tideway – East
- Technology Team of the Year: Structural Soils FlowFinity, business-wide collaborative digital innovation
- Net Zero Team of the Year: Eckersley O’Callaghan, EOC ECO2
- HR Team of the Year: Sir Robert McAlpine
- Best Place to Work – Subcontractor: Kane Group
- Best Place to Work – Contractor: Farrans Construction