Work on the 36-month Junction 28 upgrade includes constructing a major two-lane loop road with hard shoulder for traffic travelling from the M25 to A12.
The M25 junction suffers from long queues and heavy congestion daily, at peak times up to 7,500 vehicles per hour pass through this heavily used junction.
Significant features of the improvement works
- A new two-lane loop road with hard shoulder
- Works on A12 eastbound to maintain existing access to Maylands Golf Course
- An overbridge at A12 eastbound exit road to allow the proposed loop road to pass beneath
- Widening of the M25 anti-clockwise carriageway for proposed exit road
- A bridge over the M25 anti-clockwise entry road to facilitate a new loop road