Jon Davies, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Constructors Association (ACA).
The Australian Constructors Association (ACA) has today released its 2022 Year in Review report. Reflecting on the association’s priorities, reform activities, advocacy efforts and thought leadership, the report highlights the progress made in driving positive industry change.
Jon Davies, Chief Executive Officer ACA says, “This year we made our presence known and cemented our position as a leading voice for industry.”
“Regularly contributing to the media and proactively communicating with industry through various platforms including social media, ACA had a lot to say.
“But it is through our open and honest conversations with government, industry and unions that we really made our mark.
“We are rebuilding trust. Trust is built over time and through actions, and this year ACA has worked hard to provide solutions through another challenging period.”
This year ACA made headway in its environmental sustainability aspirations, taking a strategic move to view the association’s declared three pillars of a sustainable industry – culture commercial frameworks, and capability and capacity – through an environmental lens.
“We are working hard to not just address the industry’s challenges but to transform the industry to one that respects the environment, is innovative and adaptive, and collaborative,” says Davies. “It is not only the right thing to do, but it will also ensure our future as an industry of choice for the next generation of workers.”
Some of the indicators of the progress this year include:
- Represented the construction industry at the National Jobs and Skills Summit.
- Co-presented a new national conference – Future of Construction Summit.
- Commenced trials of the new Culture Standard developed by the Construction Industry Culture Taskforce.
- Expanded the representation of the Construction Industry Leadership Forum.
- Partnered with Consult Australia in the new Partnership for Change initiative targeting practical ways to become more productive.
- Developed a series of thought leadership pieces all providing solutions to the industry’s challenges.
- Achieved the highest growth rate and engagement of any association through LinkedIn.
ACA was honoured to represent the construction industry at the 2022 Jobs and Skills Summit in September. ACA’s participation demonstrates their respectful relationship with government and other stakeholders and genuine commitment to working collaboratively to improve the sector.